Museum Pass FAQs
- Who Can Borrow a Pass?
Museum Passes may be borrowed by North Castle Public Library cardholders over 18 in good standing. All fines must be paid and overdue items returned before borrowing a pass.
- How Do I Make a Reservation?Passes may be reserved online or by calling the Reference Desk up to a month in advance. One pass at a time may be borrowed per family, and no more than three reservations can be made in a 14 day period. Make the reservation for the date of your visit. Print the confirmation sheet and bring it to the library when picking up the pass.
- Where Do I Get the Pass?The pass can be picked up at the Reference Desk the day before the visit and returned there the day after the visit. The pass may NOT be left in the book drop or returned to another library, and it cannot be renewed.
- What about Fines?A fine of $10 will be charged for each day the pass is late or if it is returned in the book drop or another library. The full cost of the pass will be charged to the cardholder if the pass is lost. The cost of each pass varies and can be as high as $500.
- What if I Have to Cancel My Reservation? If the reservation is more than 24 hours ahead, use “my passes” link on the reservation page to cancel your reservation. If less than 24 hours, visit the library or call the Reference Desk. It is important that you cancel since the reservation blocks out three days.
- How many passes can I get? Every patron is granted 12 passes a year.
- How often can I make a reservation? There should be a 14 day period between two reservations, if the selected museum is the same one. Two reservations for different museum can be placed at the same time.
- How far in advance can I place a reservation?A reservation can be placed 60 days ahead of the date of the museum visit.