- The library acknowledges the great importance of gifts and donations to the Library’s future development and growth. The Library welcomes gifts of money, library materials, furnishings, or real property. These gifts help enrich and improve the Library’s resources.
- Monetary contributions are added to the Library’s Gift Fund which is administered by the Library Board of Trustees for purchase of materials or programs not included in the normal operating budget approved through the Town of North Castle from public monies.
- No gifts are accepted unless given to the Library without restriction. All gifts may be utilized, sold or disposed of in the best interest of the Library. All donations are accepted only if the Library Director or the Board of Trustees determine that they can be utilized by, or benefit the Library.
- Gifts of cash, securities, real property and bequest that support the mission of the Library will be handled by the Library Director, who, with the Library Board of Trustees, will work out terms of acceptance that are compatible with Library policies, the donor’s intent, and applicable laws.
- The decision as to the acceptance of furnishings and equipment shall be made by the Library Board of Trustees on the advice of the Library Director. Among the criteria on which the decision shall be based is need, space, impact on staff time, and expense and frequency of maintenance.
- The decision as to the acceptance and location of gifts of landscaping items shall be made by the Library Director. The criterion on which the decision shall be based is the appropriateness of the offered gifts to the landscaping plan for the building.
- The decision as to the acceptance and location of gifts of exterior ornamentation, sculpture and signage shall be made by the Library Board of Trustees on the advice of the Library Director.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees on July 9, 2001.
Adopted: August 12, 2008