- In general, gifts of art objects should be of local interest to the community or enhance the area of collecting in which the Library has strength.
- All gifts will be accepted only with the donor’s full agreement that the Library has the right to handle or dispose of the gift in the best interest of the institution.
- The Library will not provide appraisals of gifts it accepts for income tax or other purposes.
- Gifts placed on display will be identified by label which states the artist’s name, title of the work, date executed, medium and a donor credit line (if desired) which may be worded, “Gift of (name of donor)”.
- No gifts will be accepted which would pose a danger or threat to patrons.
- No gifts will be accepted which require extensive special care, servicing or conservation.
- All potential gifts to the Library will be reviewed by the Library Director, and are subject to approval by the Board of Trustees of the Library.
Adopted by the Library Board of Trustees on July 9, 2001
Reviewed June 9, 2008